Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cane swords
I am 62 now,my beard is pure white. My lower back hurts all the time,and you can tell by the way I walk. So I do not stick out using a cane. And there are days when it helps to have one. I have been looking at the cold steel heavy duly sword cane. Any of you old farts have one.
i been using a cane for years, butt being from mass they are a no no. i do have a cane master cane with all the bells n whistles ( $230 worth) it is a heavy duty cane 1-1/4'' dia. when buying a cane make sure you get the right length. to measure, stand strieght up and measure from your wrist to the floor then add 2''. most of my canes are spiecal order cause i use a 38'' lenght.
Tryker

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

If the golden rule says, ''Silence Is Golden'' Why is duck tape silver???

(08-11-2019, 06:16 PM)TRYKER Wrote: i been using a cane for years, butt being from mass they are a no no. i do have a cane master cane with all the bells n whistles ( $230 worth) it is a heavy duty cane 1-1/4'' dia.  when buying a cane make sure you get the right length. to measure, stand strieght up and measure from your wrist to the floor then add 2''. most of my canes are spiecal order cause i use a 38'' lenght.

Cane swords are legal in Montana.
(08-11-2019, 10:06 PM)7.62 Wrote:
(08-11-2019, 06:16 PM)TRYKER Wrote: i been using a cane for years, butt being from mass they are a no no. i do have a cane master cane with all the bells n whistles ( $230 worth) it is a heavy duty cane 1-1/4'' dia.  when buying a cane make sure you get the right length. to measure, stand strieght up and measure from your wrist to the floor then add 2''. most of my canes are spiecal order cause i use a 38'' lenght.

Cane swords are legal in Montana.

I would love to own one, that and a top hat. 
I would walk about in rough areas hoping to be picked on.

Tongue
I don't have a cane sword. But I am 62 and my lower back hurts.

---George
George, have you consulted a good Orthopedic doctor/surgeon.  The good one can do wonders for back problems these days.
Jimbo
If everything is a case for gun control, then nothing is. - Charles C. W. Cooke

Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. - Theodore Roosevelt 1907 
Every immigrant who comes here should be required within five years to learn English or leave the country.  - Theodore Roosevelt 1918

The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity. - Harlan Ellison

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not sure about the former. - Albert Einstein
I fear the day that technology surpass our human interaction.  The world will have a generation of idiots. - Albert Einstein

The optomist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears that this is true! - James B. Cabell
Jimbo, my lower back is susceptible to strain; I have to be very careful not to aggravate it. A couple days ago I did aggravate it. It will feel better in a couple more days. My primary ordered X-rays a few years ago and recommended I stay away from surgery. I do have a couple worse complaints, though: a shoulder and an Achilles. I could be a candidate for a sword cane one of these days.

---George
X-Rays are still valuable & useful, but there are many better & more valuable diagnostic tools in the medical arsenal today than x-rays alone.
Jimbo
If everything is a case for gun control, then nothing is. - Charles C. W. Cooke

Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. - Theodore Roosevelt 1907 
Every immigrant who comes here should be required within five years to learn English or leave the country.  - Theodore Roosevelt 1918

The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity. - Harlan Ellison

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not sure about the former. - Albert Einstein
I fear the day that technology surpass our human interaction.  The world will have a generation of idiots. - Albert Einstein

The optomist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears that this is true! - James B. Cabell