Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey Limey Pete, I think you're the only one on the forum with an avatar. How did you do it? I have a picture I wanted to use for an avatar, but it got rejected for being oversized. I changed it to a square shape, and it was still rejected for being too large. It's 200 KB and the max for the forum avatar is 50 KB, but it says it will automatically resize and it doesn't. Anyway, if you have a suggestion, thanks. If not, it's just as well because it's really not that great of a picture anyway.  

George
irfanview
Live with honor, ride with truth.  Be friendly to others.  But always carry a gun on your side and a knife in your boot because there are those that do not feel the same as this.

Yes I had that problem George.
I forget how I overcame it.
I just kept on trying until it worked! There is a way, just try different combinations George and it will work.

Hey Kid has one . . .
Thanks you guys. I might mess around with it more or try irfanview if I have a chance.
George
Irfanview will allow you to shrink a pic to pretty much whatever you want
Live with honor, ride with truth.  Be friendly to others.  But always carry a gun on your side and a knife in your boot because there are those that do not feel the same as this.

Yes also you can use windows photo viewer, paint or other things to resize the image.
Do you have any of those programs?

AOC
"When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."--Thomas Jefferson

"Buy land- they are not making it anymore"- Mark Twain

"An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile €”hoping it will eat him last." -Winston Churchill

"Wilderness is in our hearts first and always. All of us can't have a cabin in the mountains. It's the wilderness within we must strive for first."- R. Sullivan
Thanks AOC. Yeah, I did reduce it and still had trouble. Plus, it looked like crap after I reduced it. It is basically a picture of me in the tropical greenhouse of a botanical garden, behind a tangle of vines---it looks kind of like I'm in a jungle. But with the reduced resolution and size you can't see any detail in the vines and they just look like ropes or something. It wasn't that great of an idea in the first place even with a clear picture. But thanks anyway, everyone.
George