Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Howdy!
Good morning! Yes, I'd echo what I was just reading in another thread about "enough knives".......?

I am buying a bunch of firearms accessories from a kid who is selling it all to go West. Then, he adds a Buck to the deal for $10, which I wasn't too enthused about as I already have the old venerable 119 for deer work that Grandpa gave me decades ago. Sure, I responded, figuring you can always refuse it on meeting up. It's a Thug. 

Rule #9; Never leave home w/o a knife. Not sure what Rule # this would be but, you can never have too many cool knives! I went to research this beauty and found your History here, Karen and Ron's legacy of quality and fun living. Thank You, look forward to sharing and learning more.
Welcome to the forum, we're glad to have you here. Feel free to join in the discussions and add your experiences.

Wally
Of all the things I've lost, I think I miss my mind the most.
Welcome to the fire. Check out Ron and Karen's videos at Survival.com. Great training tools and priced quite reasonably. Make yourself at home.
Addictive knife buying isn't guided by logic.

Its probably my age that makes people think I am an adult.

Tolerance is within a standard.

"Food is power. We use it to change behavior. Some
may call that bribery. We do not apologize."
 -Catherine Bertini, UN World Food Ex. Director, 1997

Proverbs 27:17
Thumbs Up 
(04-28-2019, 10:02 PM)jbarrow Wrote: Welcome to the fire. Check out Ron and Karen's videos at Survival.com.  Great training tools and  priced quite reasonably. Make yourself at home.

TY, where's the wood pile!?  Big Grin
http://www.survival.com/
Addictive knife buying isn't guided by logic.

Its probably my age that makes people think I am an adult.

Tolerance is within a standard.

"Food is power. We use it to change behavior. Some
may call that bribery. We do not apologize."
 -Catherine Bertini, UN World Food Ex. Director, 1997

Proverbs 27:17
(04-28-2019, 10:07 AM)BadgerCo-Op Wrote: Good morning!

Yes, I'd echo what I was just reading in another thread about "enough knives".......?

Hi, 

It's a curious compulsion, no doubt about it Big Grin
Yes. Strange, but I can vividly remember that day in about the summer of '82, I had pedaled in to town. Krueger True value hardware store had a small glass case in the back of the store at their gun counter. I had a pocket full of lawn mowing cash and newspaper delivery tips.

On top of that glass case they had a platter sized wicker basket where the used knives were. That's where I found my 1st Ka-Bar. A little folder, that having just retrieved it from the gun cabinet, I see it is worth big $$ on E-Bay now!? It's a little piece of Art.

[/quote]

Hi, 

It's a curious compulsion, no doubt about it Big Grin
[/quote]
Welcome!
Message of Insight and Unity 

We go into the wilderness to fulfill our hearts and empty our minds of life's garbage.
The gear we leave behind and the challenges we encounter, 
Are methods we use to cleanse our spirits.
Of Survivalists and Bushcrafters, Primitive Technologists too, we are one.........

It is the wilderness within, we strive for first and always.
Not everyone can have a cabin in the mountains.
The thread that connects us, is fine like silk and strong as steel.
Together, the song of the wilderness is the song we sing!

"And can I say something else?"
Bushcrafting is "doing what you want to do." 
Survival is "doing what you have to do"
Primitive Technology is about all of the above........

By TNRR aka "Survival Sully"