Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Becker Kabar 62
Has anyone handled the new Kabar model 62 a copy of an original Kephart knife? 
Made in collaboration with Ethan Becker from an original Colchester Bros. knife he was able to locate.
I have the Condor model of the Kephart but the Kabar 62 looks better and has a pretty sturdy leather sheath
Hopefully the S won't HTF and I pray every day that it won't. It would not be fun.

I have a high art..I wound with cruelty, all who wound me...Archillocus; 650 B.C.
I do not like the look of it Grizz.
It looks like a big butter knife.
I do not like any knife that big without a guard tang.
I have a Ka Bar, and it is a good knife but not much practical use in the wilds in my opinion.
And yet again the price for this new Kabar is ridiculously high - $119.99.
Only the Japanese sell more expensive knifes than the USA.
But the worse aspect of this knife is that there is not a little compass on the end of the handle.

Tongue
(01-31-2019, 12:38 AM)Grizzly Dave Wrote: Has anyone handled the new Kabar model 62 a copy of an original Kephart knife? 

Not me  Confused

But this guy has Shy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tA00VxcamT8
(01-31-2019, 04:49 AM)Limey Pete Wrote: I have a Ka Bar, and it is a good knife but not much practical use in the wilds in my opinion.

Tongue

Have you stuck any pigs with it yet Pete Huh
(01-31-2019, 05:42 AM)Deerstalker Wrote:
(01-31-2019, 04:49 AM)Limey Pete Wrote: I have a Ka Bar, and it is a good knife but not much practical use in the wilds in my opinion.

Tongue

Well Deerstalker if I did how would I find my way back home because the knife has no little compass in the end of the handle?

Undecided
Smile

I liked the older KaBar Knives, but not so much the newer ones.  But I will take a look at the model 62, just the same.

I have a KaBar model 2750 which dates from the mid-70's Deerstalker, and it would stick pigs just fine, but it really wasn't made for sticking pigs.  Then on the other hand, maybe that was its purpose.
Jimbo
If everything is a case for gun control, then nothing is. - Charles C. W. Cooke

Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. - Theodore Roosevelt 1907 
Every immigrant who comes here should be required within five years to learn English or leave the country.  - Theodore Roosevelt 1918

The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity. - Harlan Ellison

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not sure about the former. - Albert Einstein
I fear the day that technology surpass our human interaction.  The world will have a generation of idiots. - Albert Einstein

The optomist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears that this is true! - James B. Cabell
the new 62 remines me of the old green river ''dadley''
Tryker

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

If the golden rule says, ''Silence Is Golden'' Why is duck tape silver???

(01-31-2019, 10:42 AM)Limey Pete Wrote:
(01-31-2019, 05:42 AM)Deerstalker Wrote: Have you stuck any pigs with it yet Pete Huh

Well Dennis if I did how would I find my way back home because the knife has no little compass in the end of the handle?

Undecided

Confused  my word, it wont do--simply wont do...how indeed???!!!  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
"When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."--Thomas Jefferson

"Buy land- they are not making it anymore"- Mark Twain

"An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile €”hoping it will eat him last." -Winston Churchill

"Wilderness is in our hearts first and always. All of us can't have a cabin in the mountains. It's the wilderness within we must strive for first."- R. Sullivan
I have been away for awhile looking after Mrs. Griz
I thank everyone for their replies and apologize that I did not reply sooner.
I have decided that it is not worth the money
Hopefully the S won't HTF and I pray every day that it won't. It would not be fun.

I have a high art..I wound with cruelty, all who wound me...Archillocus; 650 B.C.

Tongue

Well Dennis if I did how would I find my way back home because the knife has no little compass in the end of the handle?

Undecided

Dave, 

Limey Pete has taken to calling me Dennis of late..........what do ya reckon? - should I consider it a compliment or a sign that Pete has the beginnings of dementia?

Tongue
He doesn't have Altimers yet he just has Sometimers
Also called CRAFT Syndrome
Can't
Remember
A
Fuckin
Thing

(02-08-2019, 04:34 AM)Deerstalker Wrote:

Tongue

Undecided

Dave, 

Limey Pete has taken to calling me Dennis of late..........what do ya reckon? - should I consider it a compliment or a sign that Pete has the beginnings of dementia?

Tongue

Well you did not spot it until 10 days later Deerstalker.
That could be the beginnings of dementia.  Tongue
(02-10-2019, 09:12 AM)Limey Pete Wrote:
(02-08-2019, 04:34 AM)Deerstalker Wrote:

Tongue

Undecided

Dave, 

Well you did not spot it until 10 days later Deerstalker.
That could be the beginnings of dementia. 

So are you saying it isn't a compliment?  Confused

Just being polite Pete, waiting to see if you noticed yourself Rolleyes
(02-10-2019, 09:12 AM)Limey Pete Wrote: Well you did not spot it until 10 days later Deerstalker.
That could be the beginnings of dementia.  Tongue

I spotted it right away with my young sharp mind  Big Grin Big Grin

but I have learned to keep me pie hole shut !

AOC
"When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."--Thomas Jefferson

"Buy land- they are not making it anymore"- Mark Twain

"An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile €”hoping it will eat him last." -Winston Churchill

"Wilderness is in our hearts first and always. All of us can't have a cabin in the mountains. It's the wilderness within we must strive for first."- R. Sullivan