Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Benchmade Puukko200
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9WaSAndZII
Addictive knife buying isn't guided by logic.

Its probably my age that makes people think I am an adult.

Tolerance is within a standard.

"Food is power. We use it to change behavior. Some
may call that bribery. We do not apologize."
 -Catherine Bertini, UN World Food Ex. Director, 1997

Proverbs 27:17
Now thats a noice knoife!!! Cool

AOC
"When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."--Thomas Jefferson

"Buy land- they are not making it anymore"- Mark Twain

"An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile €”hoping it will eat him last." -Winston Churchill

"Wilderness is in our hearts first and always. All of us can't have a cabin in the mountains. It's the wilderness within we must strive for first."- R. Sullivan
About as thick as a Mora. The santoprene handle is grippy. 3v holds a great edge.  Handle design to blade spine is super for wood carving and notches for figure 4. Good slicer for game prep.  I'm really liking it and under a hundred and thirty bucks. The sheath is okay but I traded it out for a better sheath I already own.

(02-02-2019, 02:31 PM)jbarrow Wrote: About as thick as a Mora. The santoprene handle is grippy. 3v holds a great edge.  Handle design to blade spine is super for wood carving and notches for figure 4. Good slicer for game prep.  I'm really liking it and under a hundred and thirty bucks. The sheath is okay but I traded it out for a better sheath I already own.

Yes--3v does hold a great edge --I have a few blades in that...I admit, the older and wiser i get, the more I see and appreciate the way of the Mora style knife, the more I find myself selecting it for odd woods jobs--especially game prep and fine tasks like carving....one of the only things I would change on the Mora is to give it a grippy-er handle---that little Benchmade does the trick there, I feel like this might be a great starter knife for my nephew and neice...

inquiring minds and all, did you switch it out for a leather, or synthetic sheath?  Big Grin
"When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."--Thomas Jefferson

"An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile €”hoping it will eat him last." -Winston Churchill

"Wilderness is in our hearts first and always. All of us can't have a cabin in the mountains. It's the wilderness within we must strive for first."- R. Sullivan
Had a older leather sharpshooter sheath. The sheath works good but a little loose. You could line it with moleskin and it should be good to go. Great blade choice for your nephew.

(02-02-2019, 06:42 PM)jbarrow Wrote: Had a  older leather sharpshooter sheath.  The sheath works good but a little loose. You could line it with moleskin and it should be good to go. Great blade choice for your nephew.

Yes sounds great, that is what I will do and --bonus--in a pinch he could use the mole skin for blisters on the trail...I took him to Cabellas for boxing day and got him this pair of boots --from the bargain cave!! The kids going to be outfitted better n me if he finally comes out with me this summer!  Big Grin

https://browninglifestyle.com/collection...0914046032

(02-03-2019, 02:18 AM)Adapt-Overcome-Conquer Wrote:
(02-02-2019, 06:42 PM)jbarrow Wrote: Had a  older leather sharpshooter sheath.  The sheath works good but a little loose. You could line it with moleskin and it should be good to go. Great blade choice for your nephew.

Yes sounds great, that is what I will do and --bonus--in a pinch he could use the mole skin for blisters on the trail...I took him to Cabellas for boxing day and got him this pair of boots --from the bargain cave!! The kids going to be outfitted better n me if he finally comes out with me this summer!  Big Grin

Trying not to be a steel snob but 3v incredible stuff.  Don't be afraid to treat this blade like a rented mule. Great blade.  Boots look great.  What a super Auntie!

(02-07-2019, 03:01 AM)jbarrow Wrote:

Trying not to be a steel snob but 3v incredible stuff.  Don't be afraid to treat this blade like a rented mule. Great blade.  Boots look great.  What a super Auntie!

No snobbery at all 3 v is amazing , just the right hardness vs sharpe ability / flexibility for many of the environments I frequent ! ? I hope I can get that boy interested  in an outdoor hobby!

(02-07-2019, 08:58 PM)Adapt-Overcome-Conquer Wrote:
(02-07-2019, 03:01 AM)jbarrow Wrote:

No snobbery at all 3 v is amazing , just the right hardness vs sharpe ability / flexibility for many of the environments I frequent ! ? I hope I can get that boy interested  in an outdoor hobby!
With  you as a guide he should have no problems.  Other than maybe keeping up.