Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
6.5 Creedmore
Grizzly Dave [Image: buddy_offline.png] 

12-23-2018, 07:06 AM

I, like Bill think that only accurate rifles are of interest. 

DS - Me too

I think you will like the 6.5 Creedmore and would appreciate your views after shooting one. 

DS - I haven't shot one yet, but I'm keen to try Shy

https://www.remington.com/custom-shop/blog
My son got one a couple weeks ago and he's already shooting milk jugs at 1000 yards.
The creedmoor is so accurate it's almost boring... almost.
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. ---Robert Heinlein

Welcome to Tennessee, patron state of shooting stuff-Bob the Nailer
I think it may an answer to a ? no-one has asked, but what's good for the industry is good.

I'm not sure there is a caliber which makes 1000y shots easy.
At one time, I would have been keenly interested in the newest flavor of the week.  

As I have gotten older, I guess I have also became more skeptical.  Unfortunately I have seen so many new, best & greatest up and coming marvels of the week, ride the crest of popularity for a year or two, and then start fading into the sunset, being almost non-existent in 8 - 10 years.  

If, it is leading the pack in a decade, I might begin to have a little interest.
Jimbo
If everything is a case for gun control, then nothing is. - Charles C. W. Cooke

Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. - Theodore Roosevelt 1907 
Every immigrant who comes here should be required within five years to learn English or leave the country.  - Theodore Roosevelt 1918

The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity. - Harlan Ellison

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not sure about the former. - Albert Einstein
I fear the day that technology surpass our human interaction.  The world will have a generation of idiots. - Albert Einstein

The optomist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears that this is true! - James B. Cabell
(04-30-2019, 02:34 AM)Jimbo Wrote: If, it is leading the pack in a decade, I might begin to have a little interest.

I think those days are long gone - products come & go with monotonous regularity now - even if they still exist the owner / country of manufacture will change Confused

At least with centrefire cartridges all you need is brass or dies to convert from a related case Rolleyes
I guess, I have always marched to the tune of a different drummer, from the normal crowd.  Likes & dislikes are so many, varied, & fickle, sometimes we are hard pressed to know ourselves what made us favor one item over another.  

Quality should never be overlooked or forgotten, but being different can have it advantages too!

Many years ago, an older gent employed with many years under his belt, where I was beginning work and I had some unique interests in common despite our age differences.  We were discussing trailers one day, and I was considering purchasing one at the time.  He told me purchase one with a tongue designed to accept a 2 5/16 inch ball.  I commented those are not that common, and they weren't back then.  He said, "Yeah, I know, but it sure cuts down on people wanting to borrow your trailer!"  And that analogy applies to many things in life.

Maybe, I need to begin thinking more along those lines again.  There sure would not be that many people needing to borrow a few 6.5 Creedmore cartridges, as opposed to .30-30, .308 & .30-06.
Jimbo

Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. - Theodore Roosevelt 1907 
Every immigrant who comes here should be required within five years to learn English or leave the country.  - Theodore Roosevelt 1918

The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity. - Harlan Ellison

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not sure about the former. - Albert Einstein
I fear the day that technology surpass our human interaction.  The world will have a generation of idiots. - Albert Einstein

The optomist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears that this is true! - James B. Cabell
(05-08-2019, 03:38 PM)Jimbo Wrote: ............. cuts down on people wanting to borrow your trailer!"  

I don't lend guns or chainsaws,.............but shared trailers have always made sense to me - so long as it's a two way deal. Wink
I have always been cautious about lending things, and don't lend much anymore at all.  There are a few close friends & relatives, I would lend just about anything they needed if I had it, then on the other hand there are a few family members I would not lend a cool breeze.
Jimbo