Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
And there you have it.
https://thenaturalsouth.blogspot.com/201...wNTXW8eTP0
Addictive knife buying isn't guided by logic.

Its probably my age that makes people think I am an adult.

Tolerance is within a standard.

"Food is power. We use it to change behavior. Some
may call that bribery. We do not apologize."
 -Catherine Bertini, UN World Food Ex. Director, 1997

Proverbs 27:17
I was running the streets of New Orleans during Mardi Gras, with my brother and his friend from south Mississippi. A police officer stopped us. Not being Saints we though Uh oh what did we do???......the officer to my brothers friend......"Boy do you have a knife in your pocket" "Welll, yes sir, I've been carrying this knife since I was six years old" It was a small 2 or 3 blade common pocket knife. The police officer took the knife put it in the guy's top shirt pocket that had a button down cover and said something to the effect to carry it there so as not to get stopped for carrying a concealed weapon in his pants pocket......now this was some time ago....maybe the officer was blowing smoke up our rears.....or just making sure us "boys" weren't up to too much mischief.......but.......always had interesting run ins with police officers during Mardi Gras......always interesting......never in hand cuffs or worse....

I always try to carry at least a simple pocket knife unless I can't get it into a place or building.....last May I was in Atlanta at a couple of places where security would take your blades and return them when you left the site.......when I went to pick up mine there were more than a couple of really nice blades(some none too small ) at the security pick up desk...
I always carry at least one knife unless I'm going into a communist control zone.

I've also never met a NPC who feared the idea of me carrying a knife that I could not easily take out unarmed.
"Why should I trade one tyrant 3,000 miles away for 3,000 tyrants one mile away. An elected legislature can trample a man's rights as easily as the king can." Benjamin Martin, The Patriot
Not a knife, but I knew a gentlemen somewhat older than I was at that time, who worked in 'The Big Easy' and he carried a Mini-Freedom Arms .22 Revolver in his glasses case in his shirt pocket.
Jimbo
If everything is a case for gun control, then nothing is. - Charles C. W. Cooke

Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. - Theodore Roosevelt 1907 
Every immigrant who comes here should be required within five years to learn English or leave the country.  - Theodore Roosevelt 1918

The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity. - Harlan Ellison

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not sure about the former. - Albert Einstein
I fear the day that technology surpass our human interaction.  The world will have a generation of idiots. - Albert Einstein

The optomist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears that this is true! - James B. Cabell
I was traveling with a hobo in Washington State and we were separated.
Two days later he turned up and related that he had been arrested for being drunk.
They had taken his clothes, sleeping bag, and his pack, but not his 10 inch blade knife.
They had given it back to him.
He said "They can't take your knife man."
I do not understand that but I have read it has something to do with the right to bear arms.
Is that right?

Undecided
about 20 years ago i had to go to the registry of deeds for some info for my homestead papers. i cleaned out all my pockets cause the r.o.d. is located at the court house in worcester mass. as i walked thru the metal detecktor off it goes. so the security guy does a manuel scan and.... i forgot my freedom arms belt buckle, shit !!! so i took the pistol out and gave it to him, showed him my lic. to carry. did my bizz and when leaving i had to go to the office to retrieve it.
so the chief hands it back and asked why i carried it, i told him to dispatch on the trap line. he just kool. and i was atta there.
Tryker

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

If the golden rule says, ''Silence Is Golden'' Why is duck tape silver???

Ah, the subjectivity of interaction with Law Enforcement Personnel.

Attitude, race, age, appearance and Personal Hygiene.

Circumstance leading to the interaction.

Start polite, be polite. stay polie, end polite.
Andre Dumouchel

Having My Name and Living in Texas, it is simply assumed that I will Eat Anything and have Primitive Skills.

(Some Women like a Fella that has Primitive Skills!)

(Some Men Too, and That's Ok!)

Stupidity can be painful, and fun to watch from time to time.
(01-15-2019, 12:00 AM)jbarrow Wrote: https://thenaturalsouth.blogspot.com/201...wNTXW8eTP0

Thanks for that  Shy