Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Banished
I was banished years ago for being an asshole.  Now that I am back, I hope to be an asset, not a liability.
We hope so, too. Connect with a moderator if you need help.

WILCO
I remember you! I never thought you were an asshole. Guess some have thicker skin than others.
Message of Insight and Unity 

We go into the wilderness to fulfill our hearts and empty our minds of life's garbage.
The gear we leave behind and the challenges we encounter, 
Are methods we use to cleanse our spirits.
Of Survivalists and Bushcrafters, Primitive Technologists too, we are one.........

It is the wilderness within, we strive for first and always.
Not everyone can have a cabin in the mountains.
The thread that connects us, is fine like silk and strong as steel.
Together, the song of the wilderness is the song we sing!

"And can I say something else?"
Bushcrafting is "doing what you want to do." 
Survival is "doing what you have to do"
Primitive Technology is about all of the above........

By TNRR aka "Survival Sully"
(01-18-2019, 05:21 AM)Tn Ridge Rover Wrote: I remember you! I never thought you were an asshole. 

Me neither  Shy
Thanks for your support.
I do not recall you being an asshole Stitch, but if you say you were I will not contradict you.
I admire a fellow that will admit their mistakes, some never do.
At the moment I am banished from one bar in Pattaya. it was two but I went back to one and I forgive them.
They asked my Irish pal if a I was going to be trouble when I went out to the lavatory, and he assured them I would not be.
Imagine my horror when the next time we went in there my Irish pal was drunk and loud, and I was expecting HE would be banned.
It was because of him I was bannished the first time. I was defending him!
I was banned from another bar because they charged another Irish pal a big corkage fee for drinking his own wine in the bar.
He had asked permission to bring his own wine in from the seven/eleven when the bar had run out of wine.
Then they sprung this big corkage on him. I objected strenuously.
Previously he drank many bottles of wine in this very bar.
Later this manager of this bar was fired for stealing from the takings.
Then of course I could go back.
The other three times I was banned, I was perfectly in the right.
But I will not go into that now.
Being banished is perfectly understandable, if a person is a seeker of justice, freedom, and the truth, which is what I am inclined to do.

Big Grin
Peter,

Yet another humanitarian facet of the heart of our affable hobo.  Your kindness is becoming legendary.  For the life of me, I do not understand why Phil and Liz have not presented you with the O.B.E.

Many years ago, I went into the local ELKs Lodge after a hot, hard day of work anticipating the coolness and refreshing flavor of a gin and tonic.  An old friend was seated at the bar and deep, deep into his cups.  Foolishly, I sat next to him and ordered a drink.  I was refused service and told that until I got my friend out of the bar, I would be "86'd" (a euphemism for being banned) from the ELKs and forever refused service!  When I protested I was informed it was simply because I knew him and I was the only other person in the bar!

Eventually, I persuaded him to leave and took him home.  I then returned to the VFW for a tall, refreshing, gin and tonic.

DD
Some mornings it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps!

(01-20-2019, 12:33 PM)ddennis2 Wrote: I then returned to the VFW for a tall, refreshing, gin and tonic.
DD
Why in the world, would you return to such a 'CRAPY' establishment?
Jimbo
If everything is a case for gun control, then nothing is. - Charles C. W. Cooke

Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. - Theodore Roosevelt 1907 
Every immigrant who comes here should be required within five years to learn English or leave the country.  - Theodore Roosevelt 1918

The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity. - Harlan Ellison

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not sure about the former. - Albert Einstein
I fear the day that technology surpass our human interaction.  The world will have a generation of idiots. - Albert Einstein

The optomist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears that this is true! - James B. Cabell
(01-20-2019, 12:33 PM)ddennis2 Wrote: Eventually, I persuaded him to leave and took him home.  I then returned to the VFW for a tall, refreshing, gin and tonic.

DD

How very Christian of you  Smile
(01-21-2019, 04:36 AM)Deerstalker Wrote: How very Christian of you  Smile

Thank you DS.  I believe it is the influence of our affable, lovable hobo.  Like Stitch, I too have been accused of being an a**hole in the past and it is through such works as these that I hope to redeem myself.  Tongue 

DD

(01-21-2019, 01:00 AM)Jimbo Wrote:
(01-20-2019, 12:33 PM)ddennis2 Wrote: I then returned to the VFW for a tall, refreshing, gin and tonic.
DD

I'm not following, Jimbo.

DD

(01-21-2019, 11:59 AM)ddennis2 Wrote:
(01-21-2019, 01:00 AM)Jimbo Wrote:
DD

I'm not following, Jimbo.

DD
A place which expressed an intent to ban you from their establishment, for having did nothing more than walk through their doors, is not one I would wish to continue patronizing.  But that is just myself.
Jimbo

Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. - Theodore Roosevelt 1907 
Every immigrant who comes here should be required within five years to learn English or leave the country.  - Theodore Roosevelt 1918

The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity. - Harlan Ellison

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not sure about the former. - Albert Einstein
I fear the day that technology surpass our human interaction.  The world will have a generation of idiots. - Albert Einstein

The optomist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears that this is true! - James B. Cabell
Well they let me and another Brit in, Jimbo.
It was the VFW in Korat, Thailand . . .

Undecided
Your situation was similar Limey, but Dennis had only walked through the doors when confronted with the prospect of being banned from the established unless he solved their problem.  Although Dennis knew the gent, I believe, there was no reason for threatening to ban him from the establishment.  Dennis had did nothing himself except walk through the doors as a customer, period!

The establishment had been the recipient of the gents patronage, so he was their problem, not Dennis's problem, but the establishment made it Dennis's problem and threatened banning him if he did not solve their problem. 

That type management would not encourage me to further patronage any business. 

Being asked politely and kindly to help and assist in getting an individual one knew home and away from the establishment is an entirely different story, but being threatening, intimidating & demanding does not win friends, not influence anyone where I come from.
Jimbo