Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bacon jerky
[Image: hUxDY9s.jpg]
[Image: P0ouVrZ.jpg]
These are common in many breakfast cafes now.
They just fry the bacon almost crispy and when the breakfast is ordered, flash the bacon under the grill.
OK if the customer likes crispy bacon with their breakfast . . .
well I do like crispy bacon! I saw this "bacon jerky" and bought some recently, it was yummy but heavily processed...i wondered how they preserved a meat with such a high fat content--to the point where you dont need refrigeration... Confused Huh

AOC
"When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."--Thomas Jefferson

"Buy land- they are not making it anymore"- Mark Twain

"An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile €”hoping it will eat him last." -Winston Churchill

"Wilderness is in our hearts first and always. All of us can't have a cabin in the mountains. It's the wilderness within we must strive for first."- R. Sullivan
Mine is minimally processed. It is not crispy, either. I marinated raw, pecan smoked, bacon in a one gallon ziplock bag overnight with picante sauce and honey. I put it in the dehydrator at 170 degrees for 24 hours.
i like my bacon..........squiggle.  Smile Smile Smile
Tryker

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

If the golden rule says, ''Silence Is Golden'' Why is duck tape silver???

I sometimes fry bacon crispy and take it out on a long trek, it seems to last for ever without going off.
Maybe it is because of the salt in the bacon . . .