Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello
I guess I joined this forum in 2012 (no memory of that). I've been watching the Hoods Woods DVDs lately and thought I would check out this forum. Doesn't seem super active, that's a bummer.
Welcome to the forum Newtexican. I guess a lot of people get busy this time of year and forum participation drops off. Feel free to ask questions or offer comments, maybe you can stir up a little activity. A few more posts and you will be off moderation and your posts will become visible as soon as you make them

Welcome,
Wally
Of all the things I've lost, I think I miss my mind the most.
Hey--welcome to the campfire--yup--been slow around here these days (especially with the holidays) but we still have a decent amount of regulars and some oldies who who pop by once in a while...I find the forum ebbs and flows --sometimes lots of activity--sometimes not so much.

It was the Hoods DVD's, magazines and survival.com that got me involved to this forum as well....it has been and always will be a major part of my life...

There is a lot to be learned (and taught) on this forum---as soon as you are off moderation--feel free to make a post--we are always interested in what other survivalists have to say or show...

AOC
"When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."--Thomas Jefferson

"Buy land- they are not making it anymore"- Mark Twain

"An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile €”hoping it will eat him last." -Winston Churchill

"Wilderness is in our hearts first and always. All of us can't have a cabin in the mountains. It's the wilderness within we must strive for first."- R. Sullivan
Welcome Newtexican
Keep checking us out things do pick up now and then depending on the topic and we like new ideas so please start a topic.
I have been to Texas a few times and I found everyone I met very polite, hospitable and I love Texas.
Texicans are welcome here for sure Smile
Hopefully the S won't HTF and I pray every day that it won't. It would not be fun.

I have a high art..I wound with cruelty, all who wound me...Archillocus; 650 B.C.
(12-22-2018, 04:02 PM)Adapt-Overcome-Conquer Wrote: ---as soon as you are off moderation--feel free to make a post--we are always interested in what other survivalists have to say or show...

Actually, don't wait - post early and post often - post count is what eliminates moderation, so post freely and a mod will soon be along to approve the post. I check the moderation queue every time I am here, which is several times per day.  We hated to start the new member moderation but we started getting flooded with spammer/scammer signups and really had no choice.

Again, welcome to the forum.
Wally
Of all the things I've lost, I think I miss my mind the most.
If there was a way of only allowing a new member access to a forum after they have posted a new topic, I would vote for that.
At the moment there seems to be 20 members that post in answer to a new topic, and in some cases 2000 views of a the same topic.
It seems that persons are just viewing for entertainment. That is alright, but any way the forum can encourage new members to post would be a good thing.
The forum is quiet to what it was when Ron was around . . .
(12-22-2018, 10:42 PM)wmerrin Wrote:
(12-22-2018, 04:02 PM)Adapt-Overcome-Conquer Wrote: ---as soon as you are off moderation--feel free to make a post--we are always interested in what other survivalists have to say or show...

Actually, don't wait - post early and post often - post count is what eliminates moderation, so post freely and a mod will soon be along to approve the post. .......................
Wally

Big Grin Big Grin Tongue hahahah....my apologies for passing on wrong info...

first lesson of fight club forum--do not listen to AOC  Blush
"When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."--Thomas Jefferson

"Buy land- they are not making it anymore"- Mark Twain

"An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile €”hoping it will eat him last." -Winston Churchill

"Wilderness is in our hearts first and always. All of us can't have a cabin in the mountains. It's the wilderness within we must strive for first."- R. Sullivan
Welcome back to the fire!
Addictive knife buying isn't guided by logic.

Its probably my age that makes people think I am an adult.

Tolerance is within a standard.

"Food is power. We use it to change behavior. Some
may call that bribery. We do not apologize."
 -Catherine Bertini, UN World Food Ex. Director, 1997

Proverbs 27:17