Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grizzly's back
Well folks I have been away for a bit but I am back. 

We have had a bit of a go of it for the last little bit but I think I have it almost under control now

I have been retired for a month and a half now and it can only get better...
My wife was diagnosed with colon cancer and had successful surgery, half a molar fell down my throat when eating , dental bill...$300.00, the Volvo went on the fritz and cost just under 1200 bucks to fix , my wife's drugs another $500.00 for surgery recovery and all that happened in 2 1/2 weeks of retiring.
Murphy was laying in wait. [Image: sad.png] [Image: dodgy.png] 
We had a retirement trip to Mexico planned for in December and have had to re-book for next year .
But although we had a big scare Mrs. Griz is supposedly cancer-free but is booked for Chemo in the new year...just to make sure.
Things can only  get better from here.
I have a job offer when I want it. A local gun store had a guy not show up for work one day and I asked if I should help out for a bit.
The manager almost snapped his own neck whipping it around to ask if I was serious, I could have a job, no resume required, when can I start. I said I would have to ask my wife. She was excited and said after she is feeling a bit more up to scratch it would be nice for me to get out from under foot ... errr get a job  for a few days a week. I was also offered a job with my old employer to start a program in another town just north of here...and I still have a contract with the Canadian Military to teach...when does the retirement part cut in? [Image: rolleyes.png]????
I have been up to my eyeballs in alligators recently but  I am finally back and will be posting a little more regularly now.
Glad to be back [Image: biggrin.png] 
I will post a little more often now
Hopefully the S won't HTF and I pray every day that it won't. It would not be fun.

I have a high art..I wound with cruelty, all who wound me...Archillocus; 650 B.C.
Welcome back friend. Please give the Mrs. a hug from us. Glad to hear things are looking up. Merry Christmas. As a side note, Mr. Qualls and I are trying to plan a get together in Idaho next year,probably July or August. I will keep you posted.
Addictive knife buying isn't guided by logic.

Its probably my age that makes people think I am an adult.

Tolerance is within a standard.

"Food is power. We use it to change behavior. Some
may call that bribery. We do not apologize."
 -Catherine Bertini, UN World Food Ex. Director, 1997

Proverbs 27:17
i'm glad ta hear ms grizz is doin' good. i know all bout those $500 drugs. i have 2 that cost me $800 a month for the last 15 years and it ain't gonna stop till the ticker stops.
Tryker

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

If the golden rule says, ''Silence Is Golden'' Why is duck tape silver???

We certainly wish the wife well, a speedy recovery and continued freedom from any cancerous return.  Regular check-up's are the order of the day for the for-see-able future. 

Wishing your both a wonderful Christmas, and a much happier & brighter New Year 2019!
Jimbo
If everything is a case for gun control, then nothing is. - Charles C. W. Cooke

Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. - Theodore Roosevelt 1907 
Every immigrant who comes here should be required within five years to learn English or leave the country.  - Theodore Roosevelt 1918

The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity. - Harlan Ellison

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not sure about the former. - Albert Einstein
I fear the day that technology surpass our human interaction.  The world will have a generation of idiots. - Albert Einstein

The optomist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears that this is true! - James B. Cabell
Thank you 
She is doing much better , I am taking her to a Christmas party tonight 
I hope the get together in Idaho comes about I would like to see you all again. Smile
Hopefully the S won't HTF and I pray every day that it won't. It would not be fun.

I have a high art..I wound with cruelty, all who wound me...Archillocus; 650 B.C.
(12-13-2018, 03:59 PM)Grizzly Dave Wrote: She is doing much better , I am taking her to a Christmas party tonight 

Phew, I was starting to think something must be wrong..........all on the mend now though - good to hear your will continue to be gainfully employed Dave albeit at a variety of tasks. Shy
That damned Murphy was lying in wait!  Angry

Oh Grizz, give Disa all the love you can--from Joe and I--she is such a wonderful, strong, intelligent and kind woman!

The gun store (or anyone) for that matter would be lucky to have you (PART TIME) of course because it is retirement after all!

I hope and pray that things get better for you.

Much love brother!

AOC
"When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."--Thomas Jefferson

"Buy land- they are not making it anymore"- Mark Twain

"An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile €”hoping it will eat him last." -Winston Churchill

"Wilderness is in our hearts first and always. All of us can't have a cabin in the mountains. It's the wilderness within we must strive for first."- R. Sullivan
Thanks everyone Mrs. Griz is chipper now and the pain from the surgery is all but gone. I have to remind her not to exert herself in case she pops a titanium staple and hits me in the eye Big Grin

I have accepted the job at the gun store starting in January
I have been invited on a couple of day lightweight gear trip with the CO of the CDN Rangers and will discuss teaching possibilities with him...and likely have a cold but great time. Cool 
2018 ended with a kick in the nuts, but 2019 will be better...God willing.
Merry Christmas to all , good food, good drink and good friends...and family to you all Heart Heart Heart

Grizzly and Mrs. Griz

(12-22-2018, 06:57 PM)Grizzly Dave Wrote: 2018 ended with a kick in the nuts, but 2019 will be better...God willing.
Merry Christmas to all , good food, good drink and good friends...and family to you all Heart Heart Heart

Grizzly and Mrs. Griz

Heart Heart Big Grin  great news!!

same to you Grizzled one!

I had all that and more, hope you did too!!!

Break out the woolly undies--that trip sounds like fun!

AOC
"When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."--Thomas Jefferson

"An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile €”hoping it will eat him last." -Winston Churchill

"Wilderness is in our hearts first and always. All of us can't have a cabin in the mountains. It's the wilderness within we must strive for first."- R. Sullivan
Well hey there, big brother! Sorry to hear you've been hurting in various ways, but if I know you, you'll pull it all out just fine. I've been thinking of you and the rest of the gang quite often these days. Perhaps I'll take a cue from you and try to stop in a little more often.
Many loves to you, brother.
John
"But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee. And the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee. Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee, and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee. Who knoweth not in all these that the hand of the LORD hath wrought this? In whose hand is the soul of every living thing, and the breath of all mankind."

"Government is NOT a solution to our problem. Government IS the problem."

--Ronald Reagan

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”

― C.S. Lewis

Sometimes I think I'm my own biggest fan. Is that wrong?

Die biting the throat.
(12-26-2018, 08:26 PM)klaatubn Wrote: Well hey there, big brother! Sorry to hear you've been hurting in various ways, but if I know you, you'll pull it all out just fine. I've been thinking of you and the rest of the gang quite often these days. Perhaps I'll take a cue from you and try to stop in a little more often.
John

And Swish!   Heart Heart
Addictive knife buying isn't guided by logic.

Its probably my age that makes people think I am an adult.

Tolerance is within a standard.

"Food is power. We use it to change behavior. Some
may call that bribery. We do not apologize."
 -Catherine Bertini, UN World Food Ex. Director, 1997

Proverbs 27:17
(12-26-2018, 08:26 PM)klaatubn Wrote:  I've been thinking of you and the rest of the gang quite often these days. Perhaps I'll take a cue from you and try to stop in a little more often.
John

HEY!!!! Big Grin

I remember you! Klaatubn is a hoodlum legend!!

AOC

(12-26-2018, 08:26 PM)klaatubn Wrote: Well hey there, big brother! Sorry to hear you've been hurting in various ways, but if I know you, you'll pull it all out just fine. I've been thinking of you and the rest of the gang quite often these days. Perhaps I'll take a cue from you and try to stop in a little more often.
John

Hey John good to see you are hanging around the Hood are you still up in the north east?

Mrs. Griz is starting Chemo on Tuesday and in spite of all the concerns we have we had a very good Christmas and New Year
We have one of her school chums staying with us for a while while she goes through Chemo. Which will be a blessing and take some of the pressure off... I can go to the gun show this Sunday. Smile
Things are looking very positive
Recently I picked up and original H.E. Leman full stock muzzleloader in .43 cal percussion from the early 1800's
I want to eventually shoot it but I am going to get it checked first my my local competent gunsmith
Life is good and 2019 is only going to get better Cool