Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pill Capsules for PSK, What to put in them?
Kit making time again.  I have ideas, but what can I use pill capsules for? I have several lying around of different sizes. Rate gave me the idea to revisit this idea.
Message of Insight and Unity 

We go into the wilderness to fulfill our hearts and empty our minds of life's garbage.
The gear we leave behind and the challenges we encounter, 
Are methods we use to cleanse our spirits.
Of Survivalists and Bushcrafters, Primitive Technologists too, we are one.........

It is the wilderness within, we strive for first and always.
Not everyone can have a cabin in the mountains.
The thread that connects us, is fine like silk and strong as steel.
Together, the song of the wilderness is the song we sing!

"And can I say something else?"
Bushcrafting is "doing what you want to do." 
Survival is "doing what you have to do"
Primitive Technology is about all of the above........

By TNRR aka "Survival Sully"
(10-25-2018, 12:52 PM)Tn Ridge Rover Wrote: Kit making time again.  I have ideas, but what can I use pill capsules for? I have several lying around of different sizes. Rate gave me the idea to revisit this idea.

Some things easily come to mind. I should explain what I am talking about. I'm speaking of the metal and plastic screw together capsules, not the ones that you swallow. What are other names for this thingie?

Thearcher has stated he uses these capsules for trioxane. He gives them a year shelf life last I heard.

Rate102 gives the idea for one capsule with sugar and the other for potassium permanganate.

Steel wool sounds good as a replacement for char cloth. Ron has shown us the value of steel wool and a battery. A bit of steel wool in a capsule container could come in handy.

(10-25-2018, 12:52 PM)Tn Ridge Rover Wrote: Kit making time again.  I have ideas, but what can I use pill capsules for? I have several lying around of different sizes. Rate gave me the idea to revisit this idea.

Some things easily come to mind. I should explain what I am talking about. I'm speaking of the metal and plastic screw together capsules, not the ones that you swallow. What are other names for this thingie?

Thearcher has stated he uses these capsules for trioxane. He gives them a year shelf life last I heard.

Rate102 gives the idea for one capsule with sugar and the other for potassium permanganate.

Steel wool sounds good as a replacement for char cloth. Ron has shown us the value of steel wool and a battery. A bit of steel wool in a capsule container could come in handy.

We go into the wilderness to fulfill our hearts and empty our minds of life's garbage.
Of Survivalists and Bushcrafters, Primitive Technologists too, we are one.........

hey, those are all great ideas...

steel wool
potassium permangeate
sugar

In order for me to suggest items to put in these capsules, id have to know the size of them--to see what might be useful in such small amounts

how about

split shot for fishing line sinkers
salt (heat stroke)

gun powder?
chlorine dioxide tabs

AOC
"When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."--Thomas Jefferson

"Buy land- they are not making it anymore"- Mark Twain

"An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile €”hoping it will eat him last." -Winston Churchill

"Wilderness is in our hearts first and always. All of us can't have a cabin in the mountains. It's the wilderness within we must strive for first."- R. Sullivan
Zippo has one you can carry lighter fluid in. 

A fire one: with small ferro rod cotton ball and Vaseline. Might make a good candle. pull a little Vaseline soaked cotton ball out the top and light it. Might have to give it a try.

food one: fish line, hooks (I like small flies) (but plain hooks would be smaller) sinkers and exacto knife blade. (hooks aren't just for fish) small sewing needle.

Have a few larger pill fobs I could get a few things in.
remember what the Dormouse said

"Learn from others mistakes. You can't live long enough to make them all yourself." Eleanor Roosevelt
I'm liking the potassium permangeate and sugar. Can you mix the two beforehand in a pill container?

(11-07-2018, 10:18 PM)Tn Ridge Rover Wrote: I'm liking the potassium permangeate and sugar. Can you mix the two beforehand in a pill container?

I guess that would be better answered by the more experienced hoodlums, but im guessing thats a no...?

AOC
"When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."--Thomas Jefferson

"Buy land- they are not making it anymore"- Mark Twain

"An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile €”hoping it will eat him last." -Winston Churchill

"Wilderness is in our hearts first and always. All of us can't have a cabin in the mountains. It's the wilderness within we must strive for first."- R. Sullivan
Folks... Why don't you Google the question?

How do you start fire with the two? First step is to mix them together...