Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello from Spokane Valley
I was unaware of these Hood forums. I have collected them for a couple years now.  Picked up a hollow grind thug a couple weeks ago.

My user. Making leather  sheaths also as a hobby.

[Image: 20180902_075204_zps9i1k0xb9.jpg]

[Image: 20170604_081705_zpsow2prysn.jpg]
Welcome to the forum, glad to see you here.

Wally
Of all the things I've lost, I think I miss my mind the most.
Thank you. Curious if the pictures showed up for you?
Yes, the pictures showed up nicely.

DD
Some mornings it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps!

Yes, nice pics, thanks... Welcome aboard! If you haven't seen them, you might also look at the Hood's DVDs, some great training video.

I wil thank youl
Hello Makael.
I hope you stay around.
"You can't hit the ball unless you take a swing."
Martin Crane

"As God once said - and I think rightly . . ."
Field Marshal Viscount Montgomery

“Steady Monty. you cant speak to me like that. I'm you boss."
Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Remember gentlemen it is not just France we are fighting for, it's champagne."
Churchill 

Welcome to the campfire! Nice looking sheath. Check out the vids. Great info.
Addictive knife buying isn't guided by logic.

Its probably my age that makes people think I am an adult.

Tolerance is within a standard.

"Food is power. We use it to change behavior. Some
may call that bribery. We do not apologize."
 -Catherine Bertini, UN World Food Ex. Director, 1997

Proverbs 27:17
Welcome friend! Big Grin Yes I was (and still am) simply ecstatic about the Hoodlums forum, their magazines, merch and videos--they are my greatest survival resource and best entertainment!

I have here the Punk, Hoodlum and I gave the Thug to my boyfriend--Ron and Karen sure knew what they were doing when they designed these knives! Some of my favorites....

but I dont have that little one!! hmm

Is that leather sheath for your "user" one that you made yourself?

Many fine leather workers and bladesmiths on this forum, even a few who have been featured on tv ect....

AOC
"When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."--Thomas Jefferson

"Buy land- they are not making it anymore"- Mark Twain

"An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile €”hoping it will eat him last." -Winston Churchill

"Wilderness is in our hearts first and always. All of us can't have a cabin in the mountains. It's the wilderness within we must strive for first."- R. Sullivan
Nice collection! I picked up Karen's last knife at the local shop and fondled it for a bit. It sure felt superior to so much garbage that's for sale now.

It just felt like it was made for the wilderness!
Message of Insight and Unity 

We go into the wilderness to fulfill our hearts and empty our minds of life's garbage.
The gear we leave behind and the challenges we encounter, 
Are methods we use to cleanse our spirits.
Of Survivalists and Bushcrafters, Primitive Technologists too, we are one.........

It is the wilderness within, we strive for first and always.
Not everyone can have a cabin in the mountains.
The thread that connects us, is fine like silk and strong as steel.
Together, the song of the wilderness is the song we sing!

"And can I say something else?"
Bushcrafting is "doing what you want to do." 
Survival is "doing what you have to do"
Primitive Technology is about all of the above........

By TNRR aka "Survival Sully"
Hi Makael,

Thanks for joining us. How did you get a "Bootlegger"? That was supposed to be the last knife in the series but Buck pulled the plug on them. I didn't know they had any actually made. I had only gone in to approve the prototype..... It was only month's after that, I found out that the head of the Co. had authorized giving all employees there one of them for their Christmast Gifts. And I didn't get ONE from them. After one of my good friends at Buck found this out she gave me hers and said "Karen, you deserve this!" She was so sweet. She was not aware that I was left out of the loop on this decision. It really left a bad taste in my mouth. Then month's after they gifted their employees the blades, I had to endure watching them one by one post them on EBAY - selling them for exorbitant amount using Ron's name and my company name,Hoods Woods, to make a few bucks on us! I didn't see ONE dime from them! Not a good way to handle a business relationship with a widow!

Anyway - rant off. I am over it. But it was "dirty pool" and was handled poorly in my opinion. Was not a good note to end on after my (I though was good standing) relationship with that company.

-K
(09-28-2018, 12:36 PM)Tn Ridge Rover Wrote: Nice collection! I picked up Karen's last knife at the local shop and fondled it for a bit. It sure felt superior to so much garbage that's for sale now.

It just felt like it was made for the wilderness!

Thanks!!  I appreciate it!

-K
(09-29-2018, 05:58 PM)Karen Hood Wrote: Hi Makael,
........................................  But it was "dirty pool" and was handled poorly in my opinion.  Was not a good note to end on after my (I though was good standing) relationship with that company.

-K

uuuhhhh, what the shit....???

thats dirty dirty treachery Angry Angry

very disappointing!

AOC
"When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."--Thomas Jefferson

"Buy land- they are not making it anymore"- Mark Twain

"An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile €”hoping it will eat him last." -Winston Churchill

"Wilderness is in our hearts first and always. All of us can't have a cabin in the mountains. It's the wilderness within we must strive for first."- R. Sullivan