Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Introduction (also request for action)
Hello,

Thanks for having me on this forum. I am Colin G. a.k.a. freethink. 

Very briefly introducing myself, I grew up in Redding, CA, went to different schools such as St. Joseph's, Grant, Sequoia, Nova, and Shasta High, and I later attended Shasta College before venturing out into the wider world. At some point along that early part of my life I went to the same school (or schools) Karen went to. My memory is now fuzzy on the details. I used to be connected with some of you I think on Facebook but I deactivated my Facebook permanently earlies this year, so I am not on that anymore.

I am planning to retire in Idaho (or maybe a combination of places, to include Idaho, Chile and Costa Rica - not sure of all the details yet). For now I am just working in a financial field and doing my best to get on in life and do well for my family. My LinkedIn is https://www.linkedin.com/in/colingallagher

So that is me in a nutshell I guess. 

I recently started a website (it doesn't have much content up yet as it is barely started), defendingconstitutionalrights.com
Not much to it yet but there will be a lot to announce there in coming months as casework develops.

What else? My parents were recently like a lot of people in Redding CA and surrounding areas, evacuated from their homes due to the fires, we offered to meet them at a safe location to pick them up and take them to our home but for the time being they are deciding to remain in the Shasta College shelter and assist their moderately disabled clients who have nowhere else to go. We don't know yet if their Redding home will be gone or if it will remain standing due to fires. So I guess in followup I will probably start a different thread to discuss this and how best people can help those affected in Redding. In the meanwhile please consider donating to Red Cross at https://www.redcross.org/donate and select the option "Help people recover from home fires" in the drop down selection.
Are you panhandling for donations.
Hopefully the S won't HTF and I pray every day that it won't. It would not be fun.

I have a high art..I wound with cruelty, all who wound me...Archillocus; 650 B.C.
Hey Grizzly and others, not for myself. If you donate please do so only to those orgs involved in Carr Fire recovery specific. These are listed here: http://www.actionnewsnow.com/content/new...89821.html
Welcome to the forum Colin. In general we actively discourage solicitation on the forum, especially from brand new members, but for the time being we'll let this one stand because of Karen's connection to Redding. It is a terrible situation there.

Wally
Of all the things I've lost, I think I miss my mind the most.
Welcome!
Message of Insight and Unity 

We go into the wilderness to fulfill our hearts and empty our minds of life's garbage.
The gear we leave behind and the challenges we encounter, 
Are methods we use to cleanse our spirits.
Of Survivalists and Bushcrafters, Primitive Technologists too, we are one.........

It is the wilderness within, we strive for first and always.
Not everyone can have a cabin in the mountains.
The thread that connects us, is fine like silk and strong as steel.
Together, the song of the wilderness is the song we sing!

"And can I say something else?"
Bushcrafting is "doing what you want to do." 
Survival is "doing what you have to do"
Primitive Technology is about all of the above........

By TNRR aka "Survival Sully"