Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skookum Bush Tool
I have no car here in thailand.
Will you try to sharpen a knife on your car window Deerstalker, in the interest of research, the good of the country, the advancement of science, and the betterment of all survivalists everywhere, of any race, religion, age or gender?

Tongue
"You can't hit the ball unless you take a swing."
Martin Crane

"As God once said - and I think rightly . . ."
Field Marshal Viscount Montgomery

“Steady Monty. you cant speak to me like that. I'm you boss."
Dwight D. Eisenhower

(07-12-2018, 06:40 AM)Limey Pete Wrote: Will you try to sharpen a knife on your car window Deerstalker, .............

Of course Pete, although as was the case with the fellow in the video mine are sharp already Wink
Well will you first blunt one of you knife blades, with say, chopping out weeds in the ground, and then try to sharpen the knife on your car window Deerstalker, in the interest of research, the good of the country, the advancement of science, and the betterment of all survivalists everywhere, of any race, religion, age or gender?

Big Grin
Martin Crane

Dwight D. Eisenhower

(07-12-2018, 07:16 AM)Limey Pete Wrote: Well will you first blunt one of you knife blades,..................

Probably not Pete, that method is akin to using a steel (i.e. does not remove metal) so I'll try a little honing as the opportunity presents Rolleyes
Alright Deerstalker, I knew you would not avoid your duty to try to sharpen a knife on your car window in the interest of research, the good of the country, the advancement of science, and the betterment of all survivalists everywhere, of any race, religion, age or gender?

Thank you

Shy
Martin Crane

Dwight D. Eisenhower

I'll sharpen all your knives for you Pete, just send them all to me and please include 100 Euros for return shipping and handling.
No big deal to sharpen some knives for an old chum Big Grin
Hopefully the S won't HTF and I pray every day that it won't. It would not be fun.

I have a high art..I wound with cruelty, all who wound me...Archillocus; 650 B.C.
(07-13-2018, 01:37 AM)Grizzly Dave Wrote: I'll sharpen all your knives for you Pete, just send them all to me and please include 100 Euros for return shipping and handling.
No big deal to sharpen some knives for an old chum Big Grin

Thank you for your kind offer Grizz, I will keep this in mind and remember your offer at the time my knives become blunt.

Tongue
Martin Crane

Dwight D. Eisenhower

any time old chum
Hopefully the S won't HTF and I pray every day that it won't. It would not be fun.

I have a high art..I wound with cruelty, all who wound me...Archillocus; 650 B.C.
(07-08-2018, 08:45 PM)Grizzly Dave Wrote: Matt,
You will find the SBT is a very well built tool and matches Mors criteria of a prybar that works wood really well.
That strength comes with a price and I found the Skookum to be too heavy especially when worn around the neck.
Mors said the comment he has received most is regarding the weight of the knife.
That being said he honors his warranty and Mors had broken the tip from his original SBT at the pivot hole and Rod sent him a replacement
Sleddog talked me into trading my SBT to him and I believe it was a fair deal Huh

Keep us informed as to how you are using it and how it performs

I had a belt sheath made for it by Patriot Leather
(06-30-2018, 09:38 AM)Limey Pete Wrote: $320! on EBay
A fellow could travel from Los Angeles to New York by Greyhound bus, and have a weekend in a Harlem hotel for that price!  Tongue

Oh goodie, where do I sign up.
He who hesitates is lost.

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space.

Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way.

You can lead a fool to talk, but you can't make him think.

Sometimes I wake up grumpy, and sometimes I let her sleep.

There are damm few problems that can't be fixed, with a long handled shovel and a thirty ought six.
you can't travel to Canada on Greyhound they are pulling out of our great nation due to lack of interest Cool

(07-29-2018, 01:18 AM)muleskinner Wrote:
(06-30-2018, 09:38 AM)Limey Pete Wrote: $320! on EBay
A fellow could travel from Los Angeles to New York by Greyhound bus, and have a weekend in a Harlem hotel for that price!  Tongue

Oh goodie, where do I sign up.

On second thoughts I think I would rather have the knife muleskinner.  Tongue
While traveling around the US on the railroad I used Greyhound depots to wash, buy coffee, and maybe use their left luggage.
I soon learned that when a prisoner is released, they give him a Greyhound ticket if they live far away.
One was waiting in Kansas City Greyhound Depot. it was cold and November. He was dressed in shorts and a thin short sleeved shirt.
He had been caught as a passenger in a stolen car in August, when he was jailed - so he said.
They let him out in what he was dressed in when he went in. 
He had a ticket back to Texas, where a lot of the scallywags come from I hear.  Tongue
Anyway, that is when I learned ex cons travel by Greyhound, so the first chance they have to commit crime is against Greyhound passengers.   Confused
I gave this shy and sensitive ex con Texan an old jacket I was carrying for warmth.
I suppose i felt sorry for him, however maybe he had just been released from a six year sentence for burglarizing old ladies homes when they were out shopping.

Rolleyes
Martin Crane

Dwight D. Eisenhower

(07-27-2018, 02:11 AM)7.62 Wrote:
(07-08-2018, 08:45 PM)Grizzly Dave Wrote: Matt,
You will find the SBT is a very well built tool and matches Mors criteria of a prybar that works wood really well.
That strength comes with a price and I found the Skookum to be too heavy especially when worn around the neck.
Mors said the comment he has received most is regarding the weight of the knife.
That being said he honors his warranty and Mors had broken the tip from his original SBT at the pivot hole and Rod sent him a replacement
Sleddog talked me into trading my SBT to him and I believe it was a fair deal Huh

Keep us informed as to how you are using it and how it performs

I had a belt sheath made for it by Patriot Leather

I  received a SBT in trade from Sleddog about a year ago and gifted it to my son for Christmas. He says I shall never wear it again on my belt as it has become his favorite. The 3v steel is amazingly tough with the scandi edge and holds an edge very well. Great for slicing and wood crafting.
Addictive knife buying isn't guided by logic.

Tolerance is within a standard.

"Food is power. We use it to change behavior. Some
may call that bribery. We do not apologize."
 -Catherine Bertini, UN World Food Ex. Director, 1997

Proverbs 27:17
I love this knife. It's a carving machine. It feels very good in my hand. Yes,it's love. Life long love.
Sure am glad to hear this! You seem to have been looking for a long time....