Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A useful survival aid.
(05-05-2018, 09:52 AM)Limey Pete Wrote: Sorry I just could nor resist that Deerstalker

Tongue

You're welcome Pete.............and correct, no pockets in my jarmies, I rely on my bedside table Shy
(05-05-2018, 09:52 AM)Limey Pete Wrote: How do you carry it religiously 24/7 Deerstalker?
Do you have to bless the item every two hours and wake up in the night to bless the item again?  Sad

Sorry I just could nor resist that Deerstalker.

Tongue

If he is anything like most people, he dresses up and takes it out once per year...  On Easter...  Smile

(05-05-2018, 03:18 PM)Bill Hay Wrote:
(05-05-2018, 09:52 AM)Limey Pete Wrote: How do you carry it religiously 24/7 Deerstalker?

Tongue

If he is anything like most people, he dresses up and takes it out once per year...  On Easter...  Smile

The stuff I use everyday I don't lose, it's the occasionally used, optional stuff and spares that go missing. Cool

I generally don't permanently "lose" much, which is part of the problem - the pile keeps growing and so locating any specific item gets more difficult over time - the upside is that when looking for one thing I often find other stuff I'd forgotten I had Wink 

Mind you my life is very different to LP's.................Tongue
(05-05-2018, 08:06 AM)petzlglyph Wrote:
(05-04-2018, 11:26 AM)Deerstalker Wrote:
(05-03-2018, 01:54 PM)Limey Pete Wrote: If it is small I will lose it.

Consistent daily routine is the best way to prevent gear losses IMO. Wink

Yup, and never set it down anywhere other that the pocket/ place it is stored!  Make good habits your masters.

travel, move house or change jobs & it all goes to hell in a hand basket without rock solid routine Cool
Being briefly philosophical........... Idea

".........nearly every physical product you buy carries with it some obligation for future storage or maintenance. This is the hidden cost of the item—the "futures contract" component. Houses and vehicles are notorious sinks for maintenance services, and in general the more unnecessarily luxurious they are, the more it costs to maintain them. Thus, for every dollar you spend beyond your practical need, you are taking on greater future obligations."

http://familycourtchronicles.com/philosophy/economics/#body
(05-06-2018, 12:28 AM)Deerstalker Wrote: the pile keeps growing and so locating any specific item gets more difficult over time - the upside is that when looking for one thing I often find other stuff I'd forgotten I had Wink 

And if you are like me, when you find stuff you have forgotten you had you find two or three of them because you replaced them when you couldn't find them in the pile the first time.

Wally
Of all the things I've lost, I think I miss my mind the most.
You must be psychic Wally, I bought some new batteries on Friday only to find I already had 3 dozen or so + 6 or 7 forgotten torches Blush

A psychologist could probably map all my underlying insecurities by analyzing my stockpile.

Rope, wire & tape of all sort feature prominently, but also as I have witnessed the demise of many fine tool manufacturers in my lifetime........... when I sense a favorite brand is under threat I feel an almost irresistible urge to stock up Confused
(04-22-2018, 04:43 PM)Limey Pete Wrote: Ultrafire C8 CREE XM-L T6 1000 lumen Flashlight SOS Mode

Getting back to the original matter...............

That light is remarkably cheap Pete  Smile

http://www.ultrafire.com/Ultrafire-C8-CR...mens-p8546