Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Estate Sale (90 North's Widow)
Thug $125, Punk $100 K-bar $60 Tops Hoodlum $500 photos in order of initial text. Photos available, pristine cold
condition. (830) 928-7033
90North was a long-time member of the forum and Karen has approved this listing of his knives. We are saddened by his loss.

Wally
Of all the things I've lost, I think I miss my mind the most.
John was a very nice gentleman
Hopefully the S won't HTF and I pray every day that it won't. It would not be fun.

I have a high art..I wound with cruelty, all who wound me...Archillocus; 650 B.C.
He will be missed.
Message of Insight and Unity 

We go into the wilderness to fulfill our hearts and empty our minds of life's garbage.
The gear we leave behind and the challenges we encounter, 
Are methods we use to cleanse our spirits.
Of Survivalists and Bushcrafters, Primitive Technologists too, we are one.........

It is the wilderness within, we strive for first and always.
Not everyone can have a cabin in the mountains.
The thread that connects us, is fine like silk and strong as steel.
Together, the song of the wilderness is the song we sing!

"And can I say something else?"
Bushcrafting is "doing what you want to do." 
Survival is "doing what you have to do"
Primitive Technology is about all of the above........

By TNRR aka "Survival Sully"
We loved John. And we want to best for his wife Lee. She has some really nice blades to pass on to someone.

-K
If I didn't already have all of these, I would jump on them. Great blades, good prices, and I don't think they are available any more. Someone should add them to their collection while they are still available to the Hoodlums.

Ill be taking all but the Hoodlum Big Grin

if no one snaps em up before I do....

AOC
"When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."--Thomas Jefferson

"Buy land- they are not making it anymore"- Mark Twain

"An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile €”hoping it will eat him last." -Winston Churchill

"Wilderness is in our hearts first and always. All of us can't have a cabin in the mountains. It's the wilderness within we must strive for first."- R. Sullivan
(01-13-2018, 01:04 AM)Grizzly Dave Wrote: John was a very nice gentleman

John would have either laughed or punched ya for that remark Grizz, he spoke highly of you as well Angel Big Grin Cool

he was a fine gentleman indeed...I liked him a lot. Although rather than fine gentleman he would have much preferred to be called one tough bad ass old crazy mother! Or as he use to say "not bad for a poor boy from Arkansas.... who couldn't swim"

The guy worked as a medic and pilot in Nam-2 tours I believe, also was a sprayer against mosquito death over there...helped patch up some guy who went on to get a purple heart for those injuries....he worked in the Tektite habitat after that, a standby for the Navy divers, dealing with this pompous ass named Jaques Cousteau (his words not mine) and sustained major burns to his hands and face when a CO2 tank exploded on him....he was even friends with dudes in the French Foreign Legion and they toughened him up further-- taught him to drink AND LIKE nasty ol' rotten 40% Algerian wine...he never had children but would have made a wonderful dad...he and Lee had fur babies (donkies?) and a diabetic dog.

He even crashed his plane and was a quadriplegic for over a year---they said he would never walk again, he walked out of there...moral of the story is DONT ever tell a hoodlum they can not do something or you will end up eating those words.

I know he is in heaven now.

AOC
"When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."--Thomas Jefferson

"An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile €”hoping it will eat him last." -Winston Churchill

"Wilderness is in our hearts first and always. All of us can't have a cabin in the mountains. It's the wilderness within we must strive for first."- R. Sullivan
(01-16-2018, 09:25 PM)Adapt-Overcome-Conquer Wrote: Ill be taking all but the Hoodlum Big Grin

AOC

Some nice additions to your selection of knifes.
Jimbo
If everything is a case for gun control, then nothing is. - Charles C. W. Cooke

Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. - Theodore Roosevelt 1907 
Every immigrant who comes here should be required within five years to learn English or leave the country.  - Theodore Roosevelt 1918

The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity. - Harlan Ellison

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not sure about the former. - Albert Einstein
I fear the day that technology surpass our human interaction.  The world will have a generation of idiots. - Albert Einstein

The optomist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears that this is true! - James B. Cabell
(01-17-2018, 11:22 PM)Jimbo Wrote:
(01-16-2018, 09:25 PM)Adapt-Overcome-Conquer Wrote: Ill be taking all but the Hoodlum Big Grin

AOC

Some nice additions to your selection of knifes.

Oh hell yeah...I'm gonna be like a kid at Christmas...only way to justify this is they are amazing knives by our founders AND they once belonged to a friend and great hoodlum....so I didn't catch too much flak from Joe Rolleyes  not too much....

AOC