Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Attention Nam VETS...watch out
hey guys, I know we have lots of Vietnam veterans on this forum. You guys are amazing and I just thought you should know another illness to add to the laundry list of lovely Vietnam war complications . GET CHECKED... we don't want our herd thinning any more Wink Cool

apparently they are saying liver flukes found in 20/50 random Viet vets blood samples...and it causes a horrible cancer. Please be aware.

http://ottawacitizen.com/news/world/a-pa...2a1c7d67c7

AOC
"When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."--Thomas Jefferson

"Buy land- they are not making it anymore"- Mark Twain

"An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile €”hoping it will eat him last." -Winston Churchill

"Wilderness is in our hearts first and always. All of us can't have a cabin in the mountains. It's the wilderness within we must strive for first."- R. Sullivan
I was so lucky missing the Nam draft  by a few months.  My heart goes out to the brave souls that did go.
Message of Insight and Unity 

We go into the wilderness to fulfill our hearts and empty our minds of life's garbage.
The gear we leave behind and the challenges we encounter, 
Are methods we use to cleanse our spirits.
Of Survivalists and Bushcrafters, Primitive Technologists too, we are one.........

It is the wilderness within, we strive for first and always.
Not everyone can have a cabin in the mountains.
The thread that connects us, is fine like silk and strong as steel.
Together, the song of the wilderness is the song we sing!

"And can I say something else?"
Bushcrafting is "doing what you want to do." 
Survival is "doing what you have to do"
Primitive Technology is about all of the above........

By TNRR aka "Survival Sully"
(11-29-2017, 08:57 PM)Tn Ridge Rover Wrote: I was so lucky missing the Nam draft  by a few months.  My heart goes out to the brave souls that did go.

Ya it really was a horrible war, I mean they all are but Nam was special! Especially fucked. Maybe not as bad as the trenches buuut worse in a different way.

AOC
"When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."--Thomas Jefferson

"Buy land- they are not making it anymore"- Mark Twain

"An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile €”hoping it will eat him last." -Winston Churchill

"Wilderness is in our hearts first and always. All of us can't have a cabin in the mountains. It's the wilderness within we must strive for first."- R. Sullivan
I went into the Army in the summer of 1964, 3 months out of high school. I was already stationed in Germany when the Nam business blew up. So fortunate I didn't have to go, I would have been one of those kids that came home messed up one way or another. Somebody looking out for me...

I am saddened to see yet another affliction for those guys...