Hoods Woods New Hoodlums Forum
Pill Capsules for PSK, What to put in them? - Printable Version

+- Hoods Woods New Hoodlums Forum (http://forum.hoodswoods.net)
+-- Forum: Hoodlum Skills Forums (http://forum.hoodswoods.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Questions and Answers (http://forum.hoodswoods.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Pill Capsules for PSK, What to put in them? (/showthread.php?tid=49940)

Pill Capsules for PSK, What to put in them? - Tn Ridge Rover - 10-25-2018

Kit making time again.  I have ideas, but what can I use pill capsules for? I have several lying around of different sizes. Rate gave me the idea to revisit this idea.

RE: Pill Capsules for PSK, What to put in them? - Tn Ridge Rover - 10-27-2018

(10-25-2018, 12:52 PM)Tn Ridge Rover Wrote: Kit making time again.  I have ideas, but what can I use pill capsules for? I have several lying around of different sizes. Rate gave me the idea to revisit this idea.

Some things easily come to mind. I should explain what I am talking about. I'm speaking of the metal and plastic screw together capsules, not the ones that you swallow. What are other names for this thingie?

Thearcher has stated he uses these capsules for trioxane. He gives them a year shelf life last I heard.

Rate102 gives the idea for one capsule with sugar and the other for potassium permanganate.

Steel wool sounds good as a replacement for char cloth. Ron has shown us the value of steel wool and a battery. A bit of steel wool in a capsule container could come in handy.

(10-25-2018, 12:52 PM)Tn Ridge Rover Wrote: Kit making time again.  I have ideas, but what can I use pill capsules for? I have several lying around of different sizes. Rate gave me the idea to revisit this idea.

Some things easily come to mind. I should explain what I am talking about. I'm speaking of the metal and plastic screw together capsules, not the ones that you swallow. What are other names for this thingie?

Thearcher has stated he uses these capsules for trioxane. He gives them a year shelf life last I heard.

Rate102 gives the idea for one capsule with sugar and the other for potassium permanganate.

Steel wool sounds good as a replacement for char cloth. Ron has shown us the value of steel wool and a battery. A bit of steel wool in a capsule container could come in handy.

RE: Pill Capsules for PSK, What to put in them? - Adapt-Overcome-Conquer - 10-29-2018

hey, those are all great ideas...

steel wool
potassium permangeate
sugar

In order for me to suggest items to put in these capsules, id have to know the size of them--to see what might be useful in such small amounts

how about

split shot for fishing line sinkers
salt (heat stroke)

gun powder?
chlorine dioxide tabs

AOC

RE: Pill Capsules for PSK, What to put in them? - caver56 - 11-04-2018

Zippo has one you can carry lighter fluid in. 

A fire one: with small ferro rod cotton ball and Vaseline. Might make a good candle. pull a little Vaseline soaked cotton ball out the top and light it. Might have to give it a try.

food one: fish line, hooks (I like small flies) (but plain hooks would be smaller) sinkers and exacto knife blade. (hooks aren't just for fish) small sewing needle.

Have a few larger pill fobs I could get a few things in.

RE: Pill Capsules for PSK, What to put in them? - Tn Ridge Rover - 11-07-2018

I'm liking the potassium permangeate and sugar. Can you mix the two beforehand in a pill container?

RE: Pill Capsules for PSK, What to put in them? - Adapt-Overcome-Conquer - 11-12-2018

(11-07-2018, 10:18 PM)Tn Ridge Rover Wrote: I'm liking the potassium permangeate and sugar. Can you mix the two beforehand in a pill container?

I guess that would be better answered by the more experienced hoodlums, but im guessing thats a no...?

AOC

RE: Pill Capsules for PSK, What to put in them? - Bill Hay - 11-12-2018

Folks... Why don't you Google the question?

How do you start fire with the two? First step is to mix them together...