Hoods Woods New Hoodlums Forum
The addiction is real! - Printable Version

+- Hoods Woods New Hoodlums Forum (http://forum.hoodswoods.net)
+-- Forum: Hoodlum Skills Forums (http://forum.hoodswoods.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Knives and Assorted Weapons (http://forum.hoodswoods.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=36)
+--- Thread: The addiction is real! (/showthread.php?tid=49928)

Pages: 1 2 3

The addiction is real! - jbarrow - 10-02-2018

[Image: 42972611_10156596188088286_1215128062870...e=5C5160D8]

RE: The addiction is real! - thatmckenzie - 10-02-2018

I sold two today. Unfortunately, that means I miss them. Sad

RE: The addiction is real! - jbarrow - 10-03-2018

(10-02-2018, 05:27 AM)thatmckenzie Wrote: I sold two today. Unfortunately, that means I miss them. Sad

They will be replaced in time.

RE: The addiction is real! - Deerstalker - 10-03-2018

It's a conundrum, I think rooted in our hunter gatherer past.

Opportunistically gathering useful resources beyond any immediate need, assuming future scarcity.

There is also a strong aesthetic & tactile element - first you see it then you pick it up & if it fits your internal template you buy it regardless of how many others you may already have. Confused

Limey Pete probably applies similar criteria when deciding to accept a new English student into his campus. Rolleyes

(campus - noun -ainstitution of higher education and its ambiance.)

RE: The addiction is real! - jbarrow - 10-04-2018

Brought out a necker2 the other day and my lovely bride inquisitively asked, "Where did that come from?" To which I replied, "Oh, I think a couple got too close to each other and well, you know, isn't it cute?"

RE: The addiction is real! - Theophilus - 10-05-2018

Those knives sound just like guns, they reproduce in the closet or gun cabinet!!
Theophilus

RE: The addiction is real! - Adapt-Overcome-Conquer - 10-07-2018

(10-04-2018, 03:52 PM)jbarrow Wrote: Brought out a necker2 the other day and my lovely bride inquisitively asked, "Where did that come from?" To which I replied, "Oh, I think a couple got too close to each other and well, you know, isn't it cute?"

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

hahahahah!

you got to keep 'em separated!

i never heard that one before!

AOC

RE: The addiction is real! - Deerstalker - 10-08-2018

(10-07-2018, 04:26 PM)Adapt-Overcome-Conquer Wrote:
(10-04-2018, 03:52 PM)jbarrow Wrote: Brought out a necker2 the other day and my lovely bride inquisitively asked, "Where did that come from?" To which I replied, "Oh, I think a couple got too close to each other and well, you know, isn't it cute?"

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

hahahahah!

you got to keep 'em separated!

i never heard that one before!

AOC

Same as with coat hangers,..........the only solution is nightly cold buckets of water when they least expect it  Tongue

RE: The addiction is real! - Adapt-Overcome-Conquer - 10-12-2018

(10-08-2018, 01:39 PM)Deerstalker Wrote: Same as with coat hangers,..........the only solution is nightly cold buckets of water when they least expect it  Tongue

Big Grin hee heeeeee

RE: The addiction is real! - Grizzly Dave - 10-12-2018

Hi my name is Dave and I am a Knife-a-holic

Yesterday I went into a store to visit a friend and walked out with an antique Khukri and Garcia Survival Knife.

Is there an encounter group? Undecided Huh

RE: The addiction is real! - jbarrow - 10-13-2018

(10-12-2018, 08:16 PM)Grizzly Dave Wrote: Hi my name is Dave and I am a Knife-a-holic

Yesterday I went into a store to visit a friend and walked out with an antique Khukri and Garcia Survival Knife.

Is there an encounter group? Undecided Huh

Know that you are in great company.

RE: The addiction is real! - Limey Pete - 10-13-2018

I have a cure J.
Every time you buy a knife cut yourself with it and that way you will develop a psychological aversion to knives.

Tongue

RE: The addiction is real! - Deerstalker - 10-13-2018

This is it Dave........... Cool

Thank you for your contribution Tongue

RE: The addiction is real! - Limey Pete - 10-13-2018

That will provoke her to cut you with the knife, and then you will have an psychological aversion to knives, AND your lady/friend, and you will save a fortune while not spending money on knives and wives.

Rolleyes

RE: The addiction is real! - Bill Hay - 10-13-2018

Then what would be the sense in living?