Hoods Woods New Hoodlums Forum

Full Version: Powerbank I made a while back
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All

Well when I got on the ARES team I figured I might need portable power for my radio so I made this up.
It also works ok with an inverter for small stuff.

12 volts at 18 Amp Hours

[attachment=9286]
[attachment=9285]
[attachment=9284]

Anyways just sharing
Kid
What is an “ARES team” Kid?

Those are motorcycle batteries?
(11-09-2017, 10:28 AM)alukban Wrote: [ -> ]What is an “ARES team” Kid?

Those are motorcycle batteries?

ARES=Amateur Radio Emergency System

Group of HAM radio types that work with Fema or local emergency types to establish communications in grid down scenarios.

Batteries are Sealed Acid Type [SLA]
That's a pretty cool setup. What does it weigh?
Im guessing about 15 pounds
Yeah that's a great set up you made there Kid... Cool  awesome job!

I think HAM radio operations and communications is a must have SHTF skill...so important! I'd like to get into that in the future.

AOC
Im hoping to set up a new antenna soon
Sometime between working on a certain persons quiver and some holsters I need to make.
That's a neat set up, but I misread your topic and was expecting to see a "Powder Bank!"
(11-09-2017, 05:23 PM)Kid Couteau Wrote: [ -> ]Im hoping to set up a new antenna soon
Sometime between working on a certain persons quiver and some holsters I need to make.

Big Grin Big Grin

I too have a to do list which includes mailing a certain package for a certain person who is working on said quiver...

been away at my first deer hunt...getting on that asap!

AOC
(11-13-2017, 01:51 PM)Adapt-Overcome-Conquer Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-09-2017, 05:23 PM)Kid Couteau Wrote: [ -> ]Im hoping to set up a new antenna soon

Big Grin Big Grin

I too have a to do list which includes mailing a certain package for a certain person who is working on said quiver...

been away at my first deer hunt...getting on that asap!

AOC

No biggie
Looks like we are both behind in our work.