Hoods Woods New Hoodlums Forum

Full Version: Please Read: Welcome To Our New Home
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Welcome to the new Hoodlums Forum sponsored by Hoods Woods.  This new home for the forum is hosted on a new server with new software, so hopefully some of our old problems will disappear.  There have been changes to the forum structure as part of the transition.  Here's a summary of what's new, what's changed and what's still the same:

- Unregistered "Guests" can now view posts in the ANNOUNCEMENTS, HOODLUMS SKILLS and FAQ sections.  Registration is required for posting anywhere.  Members need to keep discussions in these open sections suitable for public viewing.  Unregistered "Guests" can NOT view threads or posts within the "THE HOODLUMS COMMUNITY" forums, although they can see the forums exist.  Registration is required to enter the forums and see any of the details, including thread titles.  

- The Foundation Member program has been dropped but registration is still free.  Access to all forum functions is now based on member categories determined by post count.  Members are now divided into the following groups:

Guest = Not registered, read only access to Announcements, Hoodlum Skills Forums, and FAQs.  No access to the Hoodlums Community forums.  No search function, no PMs, etc.  You can read but not play.

0 - 5 posts = Registered Member (registration is free).  The first five posts are moderated, so they will not be publicly displayed until a Posse member clears them.  Attachments are not permitted.  No access to the PM system.  Cannot view "Current Affairs and Discussions" or "For Sale" posts.  These new limitations will affect all old members who have 5 or fewer posts.  The only way around it is to post... so stop lurking and start posting.

6 - 49 posts = New Hoodlum.  Moderation is removed, attachments are permitted, can access the PM system.  No access to "Current Affairs and Discussions".  No posting in the For Sale forum, but it can be read.

50 - 499 posts = Official Hoodlum.  Full privileges and access.

500+ posts = Master Hoodlum.  Full privileges and access plus a prestigious title.

Promotions from one group to the next are supposed to be automatic, so if you meet the post count requirements but are missing some privilege, let a Posse member know.

- Forums have been reorganized, but the basic idea remains the same.  Some of the older forums were merged into a single forum and a couple were dropped.

-  Many old posts were dropped.  Time and people move on and a lot of the old stuff was way out of date.  This decision was not made lightly but the consensus was we need to move the forum forward.  Many posts were made in the wrong places or were transient in nature and it wasn't feasible to try to eliminate the junk and reorganize the rest.

-  One section that has not been pruned - yet - is the "Questions and Answers" section.  It is supposed to contain Q&A regarding the videos themselves, and one of the reasons for opening the forum up to unregistered Guests is to provide help to video customers who may not have joined the forum.  More pruning may be done later as time permits.

-  Many posts contain broken links and missing images; this is an unfortunate result of some items not making the move to a new server.  We will try to fix as many as we can going forward, but new posts should be fine.  Also, many of the photo hosting sites are either gone or are no longer permitting links to forums.  PhotoBucket recently made that change so you will see many PhotoBucket error messages in posts.

That's enough for now; more will come up later.  If you have problems or questions ping a Posse member.

One final note: Karen decided to keep the forum going in the hopes that it will grow and serve a useful purpose.  It's up to all of you folks out there to determine whether this works out or not.  If you are lurking, you better start participating so she knows people are truly interested in keeping this place alive.

Thanks for your attention...
Wally
Read and acknowledged, Thank you Wally, I still remember the time you showed up to a Gunshow asked me about a knife that had been modified from the Original Hoodlum and then demonstrated by holding your unmodified knife right next to it, probably 2000, maybe 2001.
(09-05-2017, 10:59 PM)Andre DuMouchel Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you Wally, I still remember the time you showed up to a Gunshow
I remember meeting you there too... I believe it was Blade Show West; I was there with Rik Palm and a few other people. That was before my wife and I packed our bags and fled Southern California. A long time ago...

I'm glad you're still hanging around this joint.
Wally
Thanks Wally!

That's good to be aware of.

Kurt (Dad).